Friday 1 June 2018

ICELAND


Last year I went on an amazing adventure with my best friends for my 21st birthday.

Here are just a few pictures and memories from our trip.




This is taken at a massive glacier cap called Mýrdalsjökull which is amazing, the size you cannot imagine, sadly due to the climate changing the glacier reduces massively each year and 20 years ago where I am sat here was frozen over.

 

Iceland is an amazing landscape which is ever changing in the photo above you are able to see where the Eurasian and American tectonic plates are splitting and eventually this will cause Iceland to split into two parts.


Here you can see the famous Icelandic horses NOT ponies; but they are only small as you can see because I am only 5'2".
They are such gentle beings and love tourists especially if you bring them a special snack.


Here you can see me with my best friends at Gullfoss which is an insanely big waterfall.
It is so powerful and you get completely soaked if you go anywhere near.
If you take a trip to Iceland this is a must for anyone, however, do go prepare to be absolutely soaked.


The night after my birthday we were all walking back to our apartment after dinner, when I saw a fog begin to grow in the sky I paused and my friends turned to me to see why I had stopped walking, I had sense of what was about to happen, I told them just wait here and watch this suddenly the sky lit up with a green roar and my friends were awestruck, seeing the Northen Lights or the Aurora Borealis is genuinely one of the most amazing experience and I was so blessed that I got to share the experience with my friends.
Unfortunately my phone pictures doesn't do it any justice, however I can remember it from the memory of the photo.

I had so many amazing memories and adventures in Iceland and I can't wait to visit again one day.


Until Next Time

Cera



 

No comments:

Post a Comment