Friday 11 November 2016

Cake in the office

I'm sooo so so sorry I haven't posted in soo long, but, I've just been so disorganised but I'm back now and organised!


So this week in at work it was one my colleague's birthday, so we had a mini office party, and, I even made a cake which went down a storm in the office so I thought I would share it with you. 



Very Berry Victoria Sponge



Ingredients

4 medium eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
225g caster sugar
225g butter

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.


You will need your butter and sugar, you will need to cream these together in a bowl until fluffy.




Add the eggs to the mixture, I would recommend whisking them in a jug and then adding them a little at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.




Fold in the flour to create a batter of a soft consistency.



Divide the mixture between the cake tins and gently spread out evenly.


Bake for 20-25 minutes



Remove from the oven and set aside to cool, then remove from the tin.



This is where it gets to the exciting bit decorating the cake.

Firstly, get your whipping cream and whisk until you have stiff consistency.
Get your first sponge place it on a plate and then pipe your cream on into peaks and then add your mixed berries as much or as little you would like I put a good layer over the cream.
Then add your next layers of cake and pipe more cream and layer with even more berries and dust with some icing sugar when you are about to serve it.


If you try it let me know tag me on Twitter or Instagram 


Until Next Time

Cera




No comments:

Post a Comment