Friday 18 August 2017

DIY Pearl Jeans

Helloooo! How is everything?
Trying to stay on top of trends and have the latest looks is always an exciting challenge, however fashion costs and can be expensive.
Recently, I have got into DIY projects, learning how to make certain items for a fraction of the price, and of course, I thought I would share this latest look with you, which I think every fashionista is going to be dying for.

You Will Need:
Mom / Boyfriend (style) Jeans
Pearl beads mixed sizes
Clear thread
Sewing needle
Scissors
 

I got my Mom jeans from Boohoo, however you can get them anywhere, I wanted to find a decent pair, that was also a good price.
The "pearl" beads are from a shop on eBay which cost me next to nothing for nearly 100 beads.


The first thing I did was lay my jeans out, and map my pearls on the jeans, so I wasn't randomly sewing 100 pearls to my jeans.
I found that about 20 beads to each leg is a good amount.
Once I had mapped the pearls out, I took this photo above as my reference for where the pearls were to go.


The next step you need to find a small dish to keep the beads you want to use separate. 
I then began the veryyyy long task of sewing them on, you need to ensure that you sew around the bead at least 4-5 times to ensure they are securely fixed on, and then tie a tight knot inside the jeans.
I am not going to lie to you, this might be a way to make a cheaper and unique version of the pearl jeans, but it can take sometime sewing the pearls on, until you get use to your technique.
I would imagine I have spent roughly 6 hours, with a few rests in between, my main hassle was the clear thread which is very slippery. 

Finally after a small amount of blood, sweat but no tears I finished these bad boys.

It cost me around £20 to create them, with current high street prices ranging a lot higher, I feel the price may come down as the trend grows, but, if you want to be ahead of the trend, I would highly recommend giving it a go.
Even if you don't fancy sewing you can always try sewing glue, not always as reliable but you will still have the desired look.


Let me know in the comments below, do you like this look? Do you think it's the next big trend? and Will you be trying out this look?



Until Next Time

Cera



No comments:

Post a Comment